Judging in the 14th Annual Gingerbread House Decorating Contest was held on December 11 at the Carson Valley Museum and Cultural Center. The winners were announced at the Artisan’s Reception held on Saturday December 15. Thirteen entries competed in four categories including the People’s Choice Award determined by votes cast by visitors to the Museum. This event is co-hosted by the Douglas County Historical Society, the Carson Valley Arts Council and Douglas County Parks and Recreation.
And the 2018 winners are
People’s Choice Award was presented to Santa’s Green House by Kathie Jarbor.
- First Place and Best of Show – Santa’s Green House – Kathie Jarbor
- Second Place – Happening at the North Pole – Linda Lemley
- First Place – Making a List – the Kronenberg Family
- Second Place – Another Up Adventure – the Boogman Family
- Third Place (Tie) – Tiny House Lodge – the Petter Family and
- Christmas Tradition – the Keele Family
- First Place –Brother Hut – Traycen and Rrycler
- Second Place – White House Christmas – Claire, Gunnar, Jade, and Trenton
- First Place – Santa – Girl Scouts
- Second Place – Candy Lane – Grace Christian Academy (Kindergarden class)
- Third Place (Tie) – Snowman – Grace Christian Academy (Grades 1-2), Barnyard Christmas – Grace Christian