BOPS 2019, Best of Broadway, Opera & Pops
July 7 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Sunday, July 7, 2019
Location: Carson Valley United Methodist Church in Gardnerville (1375 Centerville Lane), Gardnerville
The concert opens with a rousing armed forces medley for orchestra and chorus and continues with:
- Hoe Down – Aaron Copeland
- The Friendship Duet from the Pearl Fishers – Georges Bizet
- Aria – The Queen of the Night from the Magic Flute – W. A. Mozart with Joy Strotz, Soprano
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic – Arranged by Peter Wilhousky
- Variation No. 18, on a theme by Paganinl – Sergei Rachmaninov with Donna Axton, Pianist
The concert concludes with Sousa’s Stars and Stripes (with the Baton Auction winner from last year) and Tchaikovsky’s brilliant 1812 Overture.
All concert performances will be conducted by Maestro James Rawie.
General admission is $30 adults and $25 for seniors. “Front and Center” preferred seating is $40 and $15 for youth/students. Young persons, under age 23, enjoy free admission in non reserved seating spaces. For information or to purchase tickets, call CVAC at 775-782-8207 or purchase here.Click Here To Purchase Tickets